Monday 25 February 2019

Well, hello there, here's an intro post...

Hi, I'm Shifty Bench and for as long as I can remember, I have loved television. As I am old, I loved TV before I loved movies, apart from those that aired on TV, usually in edited forms. We couldn't afford to go to the cinema in the early 80s and when we finally got a VHS recorder, it was used to tape stuff of the telly. As a child, I used to watch the little colourful box on a daily basis, children's shows after school and on a Saturday morning, especially but I used to watch sit-coms and entertainment shows in the evenings too. I even had a black and white TV in my room, which was primarily for the Spectrum computer I had but I also sneakily watched "grown up" stuff at night. And by that, I mean the news and the occasional film on Channel that had boobs in it. Anyway, point is, TV is awesome. Most of the time. In this blog, I shall be writing about stuff I like, mostly TV but also films, video games, comics and basically anything I can think of to write about. I have been "Shifty Bench" online for almost 20 years and how did I get this name? My parents were weird... Okay, it's from an episode of Buffy...


The first regular edition of the blog will be out later this week (I write this on Monday the 25th of February), so look out for it and hopefully it will be a regular thing. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment